- These terms
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we “The Wedding Shop” supply products to you “the Customer”.
- The latest version is always available on our website www.theweddingshop.uk or you may ask for a copy in-store.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you place an order with us, as these terms will form a part of our legally binding contract.
- “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
- Our contract with you
- How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when you have paid an agreed deposit. At this point a legally binding contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we discover that items ordered are not available due to discontinuation, unavailability, or any other reason that would make it impossible for us to fulfil your order, then you will be entitled to your money back, we will not be held liable for breach of contract, or compensation.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Deposits are non-refundable. The deposit cannot be transferred to another person or item. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- After your order has been accepted by us and a deposit has been paid, we do not accept cancellations of your order for whatever reason and any monies paid will not be refunded. Failure to pay for your products in full will be considered a breach of this contract and we reserve our rights in this respect. Please make sure any goods purchased are suitable for your requirements as we will be unable to refund or replace such articles that are returned as unsuitable or do not fit. Any items cancelled after an order has been placed with us will be subject to the full amount being immediately payable. We strongly recommend insurance is taken out for such unforeseen circumstances.
- Product descriptions and measurements
- Making sure measurements are accurate. Once measurements and sizing have been taken for your order, we will not be held responsible for any weight loss/gain or any other changes in your measurements and sizing (for example due to pregnancy). If your measurements and sizing change it will be your responsibility to notify us, in which case we will confirm if we are able to make further alterations prior to delivery and what the estimated additional costs will be. We will measure each person for each order and advise on the size to be ordered. If the bride or bridesmaids are not happy with the sizing they must inform us at the time of order. We will not be responsible for any sizing discrepancies after this time. If a bride or bridesmaid defer being measured to a later date, it will be the customer’s responsibility to ensure that such measurements are taken in good time for the products to be ordered and delivered in time.
- Alterations. No alterations are included in the price, and these will therefore be at an additional cost.
- Undergarments. We will not be responsible for any issue relating to unsuitable underwear being worn which may affect the structure of the dress, or shoes that may damage or affect the length of the dress.
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products in any promotional materials are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately online, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours or the printed pictures in our brochure accurately reflects the colour of the products. In respect to samples, these are provided as a guide and we cannot guarantee they will accurately reflect the colour of the product. Products may therefore vary from images or samples. Please note that colours can appear different depending on the lighting conditions.
- Guidance. Where we provide guidance in the choice of design, size, colour and measurements we do so without any liability. All dresses, unless stated otherwise, are ceremonial dresses only and are to be used for ceremonial purposes only. We will not be held liable for claims for loss or damage to garments that may occur after the marriage ceremony. Any claims for loss, damage. will be forensically investigated at our expense.
- Providing the product
- During the order process, we will let you know an estimated time frame of when we will provide the products to you. Please be aware unless a fixed date for delivery has been agreed in writing, we will provide you with an estimated delivery date, taking account of the complexities of any alterations to be made to the product and the location the product is being sourced from. We will make every attempt to work within this delivery date, though we will keep you notified of any delays. By way of guidance only, products that are not in stock typically can take up to 6 months to arrive and can take longer during peak periods. If an order is placed late the item may not arrive until a few days before the wedding.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our delivery of the products is delayed by an event outside our control, then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay in that we cannot fulfil the contract by the date of your wedding, you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- Price and payments
- You own the products once we have received payment in full.
- We will ask you to inspect your goods within 21 days of arrival in the store. At this point the settlement of all outstanding balances is due. You have a 30-day rejection period from this date.
- Storage costs (If applicable). We will insure and store your gown up to 24 hours before the customer’s wedding date (as advised on the order form). for a fee of £35. After this date a charge of £1 per calendar day will apply. For dry cleaning we will provide free storage for 21 days of notification it is ready for collection, after which a £1 per calendar day storage fee will apply.
- Liability during storage of products. In the unlikely event that customers paid for products are lost or damaged, due to fire, flood or theft, whilst on our premises we shall only be responsible for reimbursing the retail costs of such products.
- Abandoned goods. If there is an accumulation of 3 or more months unpaid storage fees, then we will class this as abandoned goods. Products classed as abandoned will result in the Customer automatically losing ownership of such items.
- If there is a problem with the product
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone us at 01206 767359 or write to us at 4 High St Colchester, Essex CO1 1DA or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reporting fault claims. We hope your product is as expected and without fault. Please contact us as soon as a fault is noticed. We will deal with the matter as soon as possible and in accordance with your legal rights.
- Third-party services. We shall not be responsible for any services provided by a third party, whether or not such third party was recommended by us.
- How we may use your personal information
- Other important terms
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law under UK jurisdiction.
- Alternative dispute resolution. Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to contact the alternative dispute resolution provider we use. You can submit a complaint to RetailADR via their website at www.retailadr.org.uk. RetailADR will not charge you for making a complaint and if you are not satisfied with the outcome you can still bring legal proceedings.
I agree for The Wedding Shop to use my personal information so that they can contact me concerning my wedding and that they can share it with the designers of the dress.
TERMS FOR ONLINE ORDERS / DISTANCE SELLING
Our policy lasts 14 days. If 14 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately, we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted: (if applicable)
Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error.
Any item that is returned more than 14 days after delivery.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next, contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and send your item to: Returns, The Wedding Shop, 4 High Street, Colchester, Essex CO1 1DA.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: Returns, The Wedding Shop, 4 High Street, Colchester, Essex CO1 1DA.
Duty and taxes
You are responsible for paying all import duties and taxes once the order has arrived in your country.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of shipping will be deducted from your refund. Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you may vary.
You should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
The Wedding Shop is the trading name of Jitters Ltd, a UK-based Private Limited Company incorporated on 23 September 2003, company number 04909011.
Registered business address:
The Wedding Shop, 4 High Street, Colchester, Essex CO1 1DA.
Registered office address:
820 The Crescent, Colchester Business Park, Colchester, Essex CO4 9YQ.